September 21, 2010

Cheno Coutdown - Home

In exactly 1 week I will be headed to Connecticut for the first night of my quick trip to New York City to see the wonderful Kristin Chenoweth in her current Broadway show - Promises, Promises - also starring Sean Hayes from Will and Grace.  In honor of this I am posting an entry each day featuring Cheno!

Before I get into the clip I just spotted this little SPOILER on Kristin's return to Glee via E! online's Kristin Di Santos -
April Rhodes is on her way back to McKinley High and a little birdie we like to call Kristin Chenoweth    tells us we're in for a nearly nude treat! "I'm going back in two weeks to do Glee. I did hear April will be stripping and it made me nervous—made me not want to eat." Just don't expect any smooth moves on the stripper pole. Says Kristin: "I'm not going to practice it either because I don't think April would know how!"
Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b201407_spoiler_chat_get_premiere-week_scoop_on.html#ixzz10CQjxxEW


In honor of GLEE returning tonight our Cheno Countdown clip will be from her second appearance on Glee in the episode "Home" where her version of  "Home" from The Wiz is utterly breathtaking.  She looks stunning in the white gown and every time I hear her sing this song it is so moving that I have to fight back the tears.  I could watch this episode of Glee over and over again, and in fact have seen it about 3 times in the past 3 weeks now.  Some people criticized her appearance in this episode saying her character was just thrown into the episode in order to have Kristin on the show again but I disagree.  And I can't wait for April Rhodes to come back this season! It will be interesting to see what she's been up too since we last saw her.  She said she was heading to Broadway to "mount an all white production of The Wiz" with her millions she received in a settlement to keep quiet about her affair with a strip mall tycoon.  Something tells me April will have some fun stories to tell when we see her again but what would be interesting is that Nationals is in New York so it would be great if she appeared in that episode (if she is still on Broadway when the the group gets there).  I believe she is set to film her second season appearance in Glee in late October after a rescheduled concert with the Oklahoma City Pops.  The Promises, Promises website says she will not be in the production for a week or so in late October so I assume she will be out in LA taping.  So I hope everyone enjoys Kristin Chenoweth's version of "Home" and tune in and watch the season 2 premiere of Glee tonight at 8pm on FOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment